Complaints Policy

At The Dental Health Centre pride ourselves on the 5-star patient experience we try to deliver, the quality of our dental care, and the coordination we provide to our patients. Our aim is always to put patient needs first. Sometimes we understand things don't go to plan or to the high levels of standards we set ourselves. We take complaints very seriously and deal with your complaint thoroughly and promptly so that the matter is resolved with the right outcome in as short a time frame as possible.

We welcome all feedback, both positive and negative, and treat this as an opportunity to learn and improve your experience in the future. Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled, in a prompt, caring and sensitive way.

How can you complain?

You can make a complaint directly to your The Dental Health Centre dentist or any member of the practice team, either verbally or in writing.


The member of the team you speak with will try to resolve any concerns you have to the best of their ability at that time. They will pass on your concern to the practice manager who will reach out to you directly in order to discuss your concern and resolution.

As with all dental practices in England, our dentists are self-employed, therefore any issues concerning clinical care will be passed to your treating clinician, who will be available to discuss and resolve your concerns.


You can make a written complaint to either our practice manager or the dentist, who will acknowledge the letter within 3 days of receiving it. You will be contacted via a telephone call by whom the letter is addressed, to discuss the concern. Once resolved you will receive a follow up letter with the outcome in writing.

We aim to resolve any issues you may have within 14 days of this phone call. If for whatever reason this is not possible and there is a delay in coming to a resolution, we will keep you updated as to the progress every 10 days.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we must know that you have their permission to do so, in order to respect the individual’s confidentiality. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed.

We hope that, if you have a problem, you will make use of our practice complaints procedure. We believe this will provide the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our practice. However, this does not affect your right to complain to an independent body, if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us:

Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
Millbank, London