Don't worry, your data is safe with us
The Dental Health Centre is committed to protecting your privacy. When using this website, you may be asked to provide information by which you can be identified, but you can be assured it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may collect the following information:
- First name
- Last name
- Date of Birth
- Telephone number
- Mobile telephone number
- Email address
- Post Code
What we do with the information we gather:
We use your information to understand your needs, improve our products and services, and keep our records up to date. We may occasionally send promotional emails about new services, special offers or other information we think you may find interesting, to the email address you have provided. We may also invite you to join our social media sites to keep in touch with us more frequently at your choice. From time to time we may also use your data to contact you by email, phone, fax or mail for market research purposes. The feedback you provide will help us customise our website and our product offering.
To ensure your details remain secure and to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have procedures in place to protect the information we collect online. We will not sell distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
How you can control your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We may use your personal information to send promotional information about third parties, but only if you tell us you wish this to happen. You may change your mind at any time by writing to us or sending an email to email@example.com
EU general data protection regulation
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal information we hold about you will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely
- Cookies are small text files that can be used by web sites to make a user's experience more efficient.
- The law states that we can store cookies on your machine if they are essential to the operation of this site but that for all others we need your permission to do so.
- The Dental Health Centre does use some non-essential cookies. We do not do this to track individual users or to identify them, but to gain useful knowledge about how the site is used so that we can keep improving it for our users. Without the knowledge we gain from the systems that use these cookies we would not be able to provide the service we do.
- Although cookies cannot carry viruses, and cannot install malware on the host computer, tracking cookies and especially third-party tracking cookies are commonly used as way to compile long-term records of individuals' browsing histories - a major privacy concern that prompted European and US law makers to take action.
Cookies we use:
Session Cookies (laravel_session, XSRF-TOKEN)
- We use session cookies to record an individual users preferences that the user has specified, so that each time the user returns their preferences remain. Commonly this would be language settings, shopping carts, anything where you have indicated a preference. Where forms are used on the site, we hold the information in a session cookie so that we can improve the user experience on the site. Should a user, for example, forget to fill in parts of a form when submitting a form, we can auto-fill the values for those fields that have been filled in, thereby reducing the amount of fields a user needs to amend. We also use these cookies to prevent cross site scripting attacks.
Google Analytics (__utmz, __utmc, __utmb, __utma)
- These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site for you. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Google Maps (APISID, HSID, NID, PREF, SAPISID, SID, SSID)
- These cookies are used by Google to store user preferences and information when viewing pages with Google maps on them.
- Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- More information about cookies, including how to block them or delete them, can be found at aboutcookies.org.